* Required Field
The following questionnaire is designed to provide us with adequate information on which to base our service
estimate. Armstrong & Sons, Inc. supplies tube removal and replacement tooling along with technical support
and tool maintenance to assist you in the removal and replacement of the defective tubes in your unit.
1. * Name:
1a. * E-Mail:
2. * Company:
3. * Location of jobsite :
4. Starting date:
We will be working: Hours/shift:
5. Proposed date of completion :
Number of workers per shift supplied :
6. Manufacturer of unit:
Model & Type of units:
7. * Total tubes being removed:
No. of tubes/unit:
No. of Units:
* Tube gauge (wall thickness):
* Tube O. D.:
9. The O.D. surface of tubes is:
10. Tube sheet thickness:
11. Support sheets/plates (baffles):
12. Are tubes rolled in the support plates?
(if rolled) Touch roll
or Seal roll
13. Method of baffle fixation:
Welded to shell
Hung on tie rods w. spools
14. Method of tube to tube sheet fixation:
Rolled & Loctited
Rolled & Welded
15. Tube hole specs.:
if so:>>> Quantity
17. Water Box depth:
Will water boxes be removed? (not just covers) No
18. Are tube inlet ends flared?
Flare O.D. (if known)
Flare Radius (if known)
19. Tube projection beyond face of tube sheet (if flush, so state)
20. Is the unit single or multi pass?
(if Multi), Number of tubes in each pass
21. Can the tubes be removed from either end?
22. If not, which end?
23. Any obstructions to the I.D. of the tube ends? Inserts
24. What is the tube pitch?
or - Square
25. Do any tubes have their centers less than 1½" from shell of water box?
26. Is 80-100 PSI air available?
What is H.P. of your compressor?
27. Is the unit in question nuclear?
If nuclear, is a Rad. Wrk. Prmt. required? No
28. Would our technician require unescorted access?
29. How much schooling would be required if an unescorted badge is required?
Your bid due date:
A & S bid due date:
31. Do you want our “non-union” employee(s) to assist by operating Armstrong equipment?
We are interested in a quotation for the rental of the following equipment in the quantities indicated below:
Armstrong hydraulic tube pullers
(Break tube to sheet joint)
Armstrong power tube strippers
(Remove entire tube from unit)
Armstrong high speed tube chopper
(Flatten and chop scrap tubes)
Armstrong internal tube cutters
(Cut tubes behind tube sheet)
Armstrong tube sheet serrator
(Groove tube sheet hole I.D.)
Airetool model 850 rolling motor
(Drive expander, auto cut off)
Cleco model P 15 torque analyzer
(Verify rolling accuracy instrument)
Airetool model HG three ball hole gauge
(Measure tube I.D’s. & T/S hole I.D’s.)
Chicago pneumatic air drill ½" chuck
(500 RPM power t/s hole brushes)
Airetool model 600D air drill ¾" chuck
(200, 625, 1200 RPM drill plugs, etc.)
Cleco model BRC air hammer
(To power flaring tools)
This site designed by Armstrong & Sons, Inc.
To contact the Armstrong & Sons webmaster
2335 HIGHWAY #34
NEW JERSEY 08736
PHONE (732) 223-1555
FAX (732) 223-1063
Download a PDF of our
Questionnaire, Rental Contract,
pre-arrival check off list